Devil's in the Details

I tried desperately to finish the spring coat this weekend. I finished the lining, hand basted it into the coat, hand-finished some seams, made fabric covered buttons, and finally attempted the button holes. This is where things just went downhill. I did everything you were suppose to do: practiced the buttonhole on a scrap, saved it to memory in my sewing machine, made sure the button actually fit through the hole - but when it came to the actual jacket - things did not go as planned. Let's just say I'm glad I bought the "ergonomic" seam ripper last weekend when I broke my other one. I have 3 button holes to-go. I likely won't have a chance to finish them until later in the week because I have my "How to Finish Hardwood Floors" class through Minneapolis Community Education.

Comments