My little sister has more t-shirts than anyone else I know (it may have something to do with the fact that she's the athlete of the family) plus recreation major=lots of t-shirts. She also has a sentimental attachment that prevents her from throwing most of them away (never mind that I wore a camp t-shirt to bed last night from 1993). So, for her birthday I told her I would make her a t-shirt quilt. Having never made a t-shirt quilt before, or any quilt for that matter, I did what anyone would do - I 'googled' it. After reading several tutorials and watching a couple videos on 'binding attachment' I finished the quilt in under 14 days. I still didn't get it to her on time, but I think it was worth the wait.
Here's a pic of the finished project:
Here are some mighty-fine mitered corners:
The most time consuming part by far was attaching the fusible interfacing to each shirt to keep it from stretching during sewing. And because I'm cheap, I only allowed myself less than 1 inch of extra interfacing per square which meant painstaking measuring. All in all it was a very satisfying project, and a great way to preserve memories (if you don't like to use your old t-shirts as pj's).
As always, more pics here.